- This event has passed.
Sold out–Gut Health for Wellness
April 19 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$60
A properly functioning digestive system is crucial for good health. With three-fourths of our immune system and 90% of our neurotransmitters housed in and around those 20 feet of intestines, problems in our GI tract can cause more than just digestive problems. They can be at the root of many chronic health problems including system-wide inflammation, hormonal imbalance, and mood disorders. Join Dr. Lauri Nandyal, functional medicine physician, for this class focused on optimizing gut – brain communication for wellness. At this event we’ll begin to:
- Understand digestive processes and detect common hazards
- Explore intestinal ecology, the gut microbiome
- Clarify how food informs gut wellness
- Learn how digestion and gut health influence the immune system
- Expand our understanding of the Gut-Brain connection
- Connect mindfulness based stress reduction to gut health
A farm-fresh lunch prepared by Chef Stephanie is included!
Hands-on Teaching Kitchen experience!