Roasted Beet Salad
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Baby Beets, stems removed and scrubbed clean
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 8 cups Mixed Greens or Mache
- 1 cup Baby Arugula
- ¼ cup Quark or Chevre Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Halve or quarter beets, depending on the size. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slide baking sheet into oven. Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender and are easily pierced with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- For vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, dijon, and salt to combine. When well mixed, slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking vigorously until emulsified. Set aside and reserve for later.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens/mache, baby arugula, and beets with the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Crumble cheese on top of the salad prior to serving.
- Serve and enjoy.