- 3 cups - Carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup - Orange Juice
- 1 1/4 cup - Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp - Ginger, chopped
- 1 ea - Cinnamon Stick
- from 1 Lemon - Lemon Zest
- 1/8 tsp - Nutmeg, ground
- 2/3 cup - Cane Sugar
- 1/8 tsp - Turmeric, ground
- 3 ea - Eggs, whole
- 1x recipe - Walnut Whole Wheat Pie Crust
- In a small pot, place the carrots, orange juice, coconut milk, ginger, cinnamon, lemon zest, nutmeg, sugar, and turmeric. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until carrots are tender and the liquids have reduced in a half.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, allow to cool slightly. Place the remaining ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Place in a large bowl.
- Once cooled, whisk in the eggs until combined.
- Preheat an oven to 425F. Line a pie pan with the whole wheat crust.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for fifteen minutes. Reduce the oven to 350F and bake for another 40 minutes until the center of the pie sets.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy.