CREAM OF PARSLEY SOUP WITH FRESH HORSERADISH
Yield: 6-8 servings
Fresh parsley 1 lb. (about 4 bunches)
Olive Oil 3 tbsp.
Garlic cloves, thinly sliced 3 each
Onion, thinly sliced 1 each
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper To taste
Vegetable Stock 4 cups
Cashew Cream 1 cup
Juice of 1 lemon 1 each
Freshly ground horseradish, for serving Optional
- Bring a 6-qt. saucepan of water to a boil and add parsley; cook until bright green and wilted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drain and place parsley in a bowl of ice water; let sit for 1 minute.
- Drain, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring, until onions are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add stock and cashew cream, and bring to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, 15–20 minutes. Add parsley, salt, and pepper; cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender along with lemon juice and purée until smooth. Strain soup through a fine mesh sieve, if you like.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and garnish with freshly grated horseradish, if you like and enjoy.