CROCKPOT CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 Onion, large dice
- 2 Carrots, large dice
- 2 Celery stalks, large dice
- 1 Whole Chicken (approx. 3-4 lbs)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 8 Black Peppercorns
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Thyme sprigs fresh (sub. 1 tsp dry)
- Water as needed
- Salt as needed
- Place all of the ingredients (except the salt) into a large crockpot and cover with water. Cover with the lid.
- Place the crockpot either on medium, or a 4 to 6-hour cycle and cook.
- Once the cycle has ended or the chicken is cooked and tender: remove the chicken and use the meat either for chicken soup, pulled chicken, chicken salad, or any number of other dishes.
- Strain the liquid and allow the broth to cool. Season with salt, if desired. Keep in the refrigerator once cooled for up to seven days, or freeze.