Fennel & Beet Salad
- Fennel, shaved and thinly cut (julienne) -- 4 cups (roughly one bulb)
- Beet Root, sliced thinly (julienne) -- 2 cups
- Parsley, roughly chopped -- ½ cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil -- ½ cup
- Lemon Juice -- 3 Tbsp
- Dijon Mustard -- 1 Tbsp
- Salt -- To Taste
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon, salt in bowl. Whisk in extra virgin olive oil until completely incorporated.
- Toss fennel, beets, and parsley in dressing. Serve or chill until ready to be served.
• Don’t get caught red handed! –Use food safe gloves to avoid having your hands stained while working with beets. • If you purchase your beets with its leaves and stems still on: don’t throw them out! They are great sautéed with garlic and olive oil. • Thinly slicing beets and fennel can be made easier and usually provides a more uniform cut with the help of a mandoline.