Fonio & Sweet Potato Greens Salad
Cream of Parsley Soup with Horseradish
- 1 lb, about 4 bunches ----- Fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp ----- Olive Oil
- 3 each ----- Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 each ----- Onion, thinly sliced
- to taste ----- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups ----- Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup ----- Cashew Cream
- 1 each ----- Juice of 1 lemon
- optional, as needed ----- Freshly ground horseradish, for serving
- Bring a 6-qt. saucepan of water to a boil and add parsley; cook until bright green and wilted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drain and place parsley in a bowl of ice water; let sit for 1 minute.
- Drain, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring, until onions are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add stock and cashew cream, and bring to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, 15–20 minutes. Add parsley, salt, and pepper; cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender along with lemon juice and purée until smooth. Strain soup through a fine mesh sieve, if you like.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and garnish with freshly grated horseradish, if you like and enjoy.
You can make cashew cream by soaking raw cashews in water overnight in the fridge and then blending until smooth.