Quick-Pickled Carrots & Daikon
- Carrots, shaved with peeler, or thinly sliced matchsticks (julienne) -- ½ lb
- Daikon Radish, shaved with peeler, or thinly sliced matchsticks (julienne) -- ½ lb
- Water -- 3 ½ cups
- Sugar -- ½ cup
- Salt -- ¼ cup
- Rice Vinegar -- 1 cup
- In a sauce pot, combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat until sugar and salt is dissolved.
- Place carrots and daikon in a clean, sterile jar, or heat-proof container. Cover carrots and daikon completely with pickling liquid.
- Cover jars and set in the refrigerator to pickle for at least 30 minutes. Allowing the pickles more time to sit will contribute more flavor. Pickles can last for about 3 weeks in the fridge.