- 4 cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, Minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 2/3 cups Quinoa, rinsed and dried
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Fresh thyme sprig
- ½ tsp Kosher salt or as needed
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a sauce pot over medium heat. Sauté the shallot and garlic in oil until aromatic. Add rinsed quinoa and toss to coat in fat. Add the broth, bay leaf, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot tightly. Reduce to a simmer until quinoa is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa and remove the bay leaf and thyme before serving