Radish & Cilantro Salad
- French breakfast radishes -- 1 lb.
- Minced shallots -- 2 Tbsp
- Kosher salt -- To Taste
- Rice vinegar -- 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce -- 1 tsp
- Olive oil -- 3 Tbsp
- Loosely packed cilantro leaves -- 2⁄3 cup
- Fresh goat cheese, crumbled or fresh quark cheese, crumbled -- 2 oz. (optional)
- Wash and dry the radishes. Keep the greens intact or trim them within 1 inch, then thinly slice the radishes--you can do this either with a knife or mandolin. Transfer the radishes to a medium bowl along with the shallots and salt, toss to combine, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another small bowl, whisk the rice vinegar with the soy sauce and drizzle in the olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Add the cilantro and half the dressing to the radishes and toss gently to combine. Transfer to a platter, top with the goat cheese/quark, if usuing, and serve the remaining dressing on the side.