Shaved Brussel Sprouts Salad
- Brussels Sprouts, shredded -- 24 oz
- Sliced Red Onion -- ½ cup
- Dried Cranberries, unsweetened -- 2/3 cup
- Sliced Almonds or Pecans, toasted -- 2/3 cup
- Citrus Vinaigrette (followed) -- 1 cup
- Shred Brussels sprouts using the shredding blade of a food processor or slice thinly with a knife.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and combine with chopped red onion, cranberries, and almonds.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Add vinaigrette immediately before serving and toss well to coat.
May purchase 2-10 oz. pre-shredded (also known as shaved) Brussels sprouts or substitute shredded cabbage
This salad can also be dressed in advance, but do not add the nuts until right before serving as they will become soggy.