Sourdough (or Buttermilk) Biscuits
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 Tbsp Butter, cubed, chilled
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter or Buttermilk
- Preheat an oven to 425F and line two baking trays with parchment.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the butter and pinch into the flour until the mixture looks like course sand.
- Make a well and add the milk slowly. Fold the sour dough starter or buttermilk into the biscuit mix and only add enough for the mixture to come together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the biscuits to your desired thickness. Cut into squares or use a cutter (or floured top end of a glass cup) to cut into circles. Place onto the parchment lined trays and bake for roughly 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool slightly and serve.