Turmeric & Ginger Tea
- Cinnamon Sticks -- 3 ea
- Turmeric, fresh, chopped -- 1, 2" piece
- Ginger, fresh, chopped -- 1, 2" piece
- Water -- 5 cups
- Honey or Sugar -- to taste
- Pour the water into a large pot. Add the cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully remove the cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric. Add the honey and stir until completely dissolved. Serve warm or let cool, then refrigerate for several hours (preferably overnight) until chilled.
Peeling the ginger and turmeric with the edge of a spoon (rather than a vegetable peeler) will both be easier and less wasteful. It is recommended to also wear gloves while working with turmeric, as it will stain things easily.
Make a big batch of tea and either drink the leftovers chilled, or reheat at your convenience! The tea will last about a week in the fridge if cooled properly.