Wild Rice Salad with Fennel, Mushroom, Pecans
- ¼ cup, divided - Olive Oil
- ½ cup - Onions, diced
- 1 cup - Shiitake Mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- ½ cup - Fennel, medium diced
- 1 Tbsp - Garlic, minced
- 2 cups - Wild Rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp - Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup - Pecans, toasted, chopped
- ½ cup - Parsley, chopped
- In a large saute pan, warm half of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sweat them until translucent. Add the shiitake mushrooms and fennel. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant and the mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the wild rice and red wine vinegar to warm. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and place on a platter, garnish with pecans and parsley. Serve and enjoy.